Monday, March 09, 2009

Model for Hire.

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I am not skinny. Not even average, I am overweight. For the most part, I am ok with this, as I've been overweight for the majority of my life. I'm comfortable with who I am, I'd like to lose weight to be healthier and I'd like to wear more stylish clothing, but all and all, I'm pretty good right here. However, since the wedding I've gained about 15 lbs. This is not a I want to lose weight post, but a rant of other sorts. Due to gaining the 15 lbs, I've begun to shop at Lane Bryant. I call it the fat people store, but anyways, back on track. I don't mind shopping there, because I still wear one of the smaller sizes and most of the clothes are too big for me anyways, and they do have some nice items. BUT. For the love of God, and everything holy I wish they would stop using skinny people as their models.

I received a catalog from them today and every. last. person. is SKINNY. How in the world am I supposed to see what the fat people clothes look like on a person, if that person isn't FAT?!

Look here if you want to see an example. As an overweight person, I seriously resent the fact that they can't even put appropriately sized models in their catalog. I just might stop shopping there. Argh!

No comments: