Monday, September 13, 2010

7 weeks

Well, I said there was some new stuff and changes coming, I wasn't kidding!  I broke my promise to blog on a more regular basis, because what I wanted to blog about, I couldn't say!

Today, I am seven weeks pregnant.  When you're trying to conceive, with infertility, you know WAY sooner than normal if it worked or not.  So, I've known for the past 3 weeks.  I know people try and keep it a secret for the whole first trimester, but when people know you are trying, they tend to ask you more, so I only kept it a secret until I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks 1 day. 

So far, I haven't been sick.  I get a little queasy or woozy if I don't eat enough or on time, but no praying to the porcelain god.  I do however feel like someone beat me up.  I'm so exhausted, I don't think of myself as being pregnant, I feel like...the "host" of some crazy parasite sucking the life energy out of me.

It is hard to not be worried that something bad will happen, because I've waited for so long for this test to be positive and it doesn't quite seem real yet.  When the doc called with my test results, I totally expected to hear the your test was negative, I'm sorry response that I always get, but instead she said my beta was 103! congrats!  My second beta was 314 two days later so I didn't have too much of a reason to worry.  I go for my next appointment on 9/27 at 9 weeks.  It's exciting and scary to be planning this huge change in our lives. 

No comments: