Friday, July 09, 2010

Home.

This post is inspired by Uncle Crappy's post today because my story is ironically opposite his and today I just so happened to be going back to Pittsburgh this evening to visit.


This is Port Vue, Pennsylvania.  For short, Pittsburgh.  It's also Mr. Squeegy's Window Cleaning service area.  Thanks Mr. Squeegy for providing me with an appropriate map image. It's where I lived for the first 21 years of my life and it will always be a part of me.  From where I live right now, it's about 3.5 hours to the east.

                      

This is Cincinnati, OH.  I moved there when I left Pittsburgh, to a little village on the west side known as Cleves.  When I would tell people from back at home where I lived, they all thought I had moved to Cleveland.  Really, why would I move to Cleveland? I got my associates degree here, got my first job as a Medical Lab Tech here, and I met my husband here.  But he lived in...


                        

Columbus, Ohio.  So after 3 years in Cinci, I moved to Columbus.  In hindsight, probably not the smartest idea moving in with someone who had only had long distance relationships and had never lived with a girl, but hey look at that, we made it work.  This city is where I live, work, play, got hooked on OSU sports (as much as I resisted the process), got married, built my first home, and will hopefully have my first child.

I love living in Columbus, because I'm only an hour and half away from my mom in Cinci, and 3 or so hours from my friends/family in the 'burgh and everything I love is here now.  I am 100% Pittsburgh, I bleed black and gold, and I will always love it there...but as they say...you can never go home. 

No comments: