Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Rainclouds.

It is the beginning of my work day, and already things have been going wrong. I woke up late, almost made the mayonaisse explode into a million pieces while packing my lunch, spilled water down my pants while brushing my teeth, and forgot my keycard to get into my area at work. I shudder to think what else this day might bring. I think the rain clouds over central Ohio have taken a liking to the spot directly above my head. I must spend this entire day studying for economics. I need to get at least a C on the 2nd midterm. I have a high C in there right now, but I don't want to take any chances. If I don't pass a class, I have to pay for it, and I'd really rather not have to worry about that. I just don't have an economic sort of brain. I guess I am better at the science instead of the humanities. Economics did teach me enough about supply and demand to know that the oil CEO's are using the rules to their advantage to say that supply/demand is why the prices are rising, but I think it's just so they can throw their darling little daughter's sweet 16 birthday parties on MTV.

No comments: